Saturday, April 5, 2014

Boutique Crawl in the North Loop

This week I realized I have serious cabin fever.  I love being home and getting stuff done, but I also love being out and about - exploring, getting vitamin D, exercising outside.  I checked the City Pages and the Vita.mn in hopes of finding something interesting to do this weekend.  That's when I noticed the Boutique Crawl was happening today!!!!  Perfect.  I could do all the things I listed above, in a new neighborhood, for the purpose of shopping!!!!!  Can you tell I was excited?

What is a boutique crawl you may ask?  Apparently there are at least 7 clothing boutiques in North Loop.  They all collaborated to create the Boutique Crawl.  Armed with a map, you visit all seven, get your map stamped, and you are entered to win a $500 shopping spree.  At each location, you shop, eat/drink refreshments, and enjoy 20% off your purchase.  Seriously, this event was created for me.  I've lately become a little bored with my norms - Express, the Limited, H & M, Gap.  (Target is a norm as well, but I could never tire of my beloved Target with whom I have a very passionate love/hate relationship.)



First stop - Roe Wolfe.  I loved this boutique.  It was totally my style, the prices were pretty reasonable.  I purchased this dress which I just love and can't wait to wear this summer.  I also liked this tank top.




Second stop - Handsome Cycles.  Meh.  I am not a cyclist.

Third stop - Lole.  This is a boutique featuring active clothing - mostly for yoga and running.  While I loved so many things there, I still can't justify spending that much money on things I'm only going to wear for an hour a day.  Especially when I can get equally as cute pieces from ... Target.  Here are some of the pieces I liked from this store.








Fourth stop - Statement Boutique.  I really liked this store too.  This was the most affordable boutique.  Here are some of the things I liked from Statement.  The sunglasses shown with the Roe Wolfe dress are from Statement.



Well then it was about time for coffee.  I stopped in at Moose & Sadies and got some delicious coffee as well as a butterscotch malted blondie for my man.



Fifth stop - D.Nolo.  Yikes.  I could not afford the thread in these clothes.  They were absolutely beautiful pieces.  Things I would love to own - very urban chic.  I wanted to take pictures, but didn't even feel comfortable touching the pieces since I hadn't washed my hands since I left my house.  I did sneak one picture of a leather coat I liked though.



Sixth stop - C'est Chic.  This is a European boutique for women older than I.  I grabbed a macaroon for the man and left.

And then I walked by the North Loop Wine & Spirits.  Couldn't resist.  I was hoping I'd find some hipster ciders for the man.  Success!  I walked up to the counter with an arm load of hard cider bottles.  As I still had one more stop left, the woman was very kind to let me keep my bags there and return after I hit the last boutique. 

Seventh stop - Arrow.  Another expensive urban chic boutique that I couldn't afford.  Very fun to look around though.

I love the industrial, modern decor of each of the boutiques.  Makes it feel more like a studio and that every time you try on a piece, you are part of the artistry and only you can make the piece come alive. 

What a perfect day to be out and about.  I happily walked the 6 blocks to my car with all my loot in tow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment