Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fruit Water



Does that not look delicious!?  A few of my coworkers and I have collaborated to make fruit water happen every day.  Unfortunately, drinking water is usually not that exciting or satisfying during most times of the day.  The only times I "crave" it is in the morning and during and after a workout.  Other than that, I like beverages with flavor.  In an effort to drink more water, my coworkers and I have enhanced the flavor of water with natural ingredients - fruit!  We take turns bringing in fruit everyday and create our water sangria.  This is a wonderful way to make water exciting again, glean nutrients from the fruit, and avoid artificial sweeteners,  all with only minimal caloric intake.  Today was oranges with orange sparkling water.  Delish.

Other recipes we've tried and like:
  • lemons
  • mangoes and kiwi (better if they are tart)
  • raspberries and cucumber
  • apples and cinnamon (need a bunch of apples to generate enough flavor)
  • cucumber
Tomorrow's recipe will be lemons, cucumber, and mint!!

It's definitely doing the trick, we're all drinking a lot more water.  And it's easy!  We generally fill the pitcher about 3 times a day and the fruit continues to flavor the water throughout the day. 

Stay hydrated my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment