Thursday, April 24, 2014

Gander Mountain Academy

I'm so glad I had an indoor activity planned for yesterday evening because the weather sucks!  My husband, friend and I met at Gander Mountain in Lakeville to shoot my husband's new gun at the shooting range.  We had so much fun!  Gander really does an excellent job operating their shooting range.  You watch a quick safety video prior to entering the range.  They have an attendant inside the range to answer questions and make sure everyone is being safe.  They don't rent guns, but you can bring in as many of your own guns as you want - both pistols and certain rifles.  They also have a simulation where you can practice certain scenarios in a virtual arena.  We rented the lane for an hour and it only cost $25.  Shooting for an hour requires a lot of ammo so it tends to be an expensive hobby, but I feel that it is a good skill to have.  It's also quite satisfying to keep improving my marksmanship!   Check out our targets!

This is my target with a 22 handgun at 15 meters.


My husband's target with a 9mm CZ at 20 meters.



No comments:

Post a Comment