Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tea Mocktails



Now that we've had 3 days of spring (I consider 50 degrees to be the threshold for a spring day), I've begun to engage in some of my spring activities.  One of which is drinking cold liquids again!  One of my favorite refreshers is what I call tea mocktails.  Here are some of my favorite recipes:

 Pomegranate Green Tea
  •  POM juice
  • Sparkling water (Trader Joes, La Croix, or Mendota Springs as they don't have any artificial sweeteners or calories)
  • Green tea
  • Coconut water
Tea Sunrise
  •  OJ
  • Sparkling Water
  • Green tea
I like to make a pitcher of green tea to start with.  Tazo has a good iced green tea.  I heat up the water on the stove and brew the tea with a bunch of tea bags to make it really concentrated.   By using really concentrated tea in the mocktail, you can still taste the flavor of the tea after all of the other ingredients are added.  Then I chill it in the fridge until cold.  Now you are ready to mix!  Just add your juice of choice, some coconut water if desired, and some sparkling water to give it a little pizzazz!  <shhh....you can go ahead and make that a straight up cocktail by adding vodka, rum, or champagne on a lazy Saturday....>

Enjoy!  I love the flavors of spring!

P.S.  Trader Joes makes it easy by bottling already brewed unsweetened green tea.  I sometimes just do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment