Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Tangiers

The North Loop is rich with restaurants and bars, some of the trendiest places in town reside there.  I was happy to mark another place off my list on Friday night.  We met some friends at The Tangiers.  

I think the whole point of this place is happy hour and late night.  Most of the restaurant is actually a lounge.  Several clusters of couches and chairs parked around a coffee table.  That was kind of different and fun.  With a big group, sometimes it's weird to sit around a long table.  With Tangiers' set-up, you can easily hang out in a group up to 8 people.  They do have some tables though, for the traditionalists.

The happy hour runs from 5-7.  I loved that it was a bit later.  The happy hour menu is quite extensive and cheap so it was a perfect fit for a large group (everything ranges from $4-$6).  I had the BBQ chicken and pineapple flatbread which was just okay.  My friend had the pesto shrimp flatbread and I liked that one a lot more.  There are two pork belly items on the menu - sliders and tacos - so they must be good.  My husband got the sliders and they really were amazing.  They also had a bunch of drinks on the menu.  They really don't have much of a dinner menu.  Basically it's the happy hour menu but everything is more expensive.  Sounds like the late night scene is live music and a dance floor.  



I thought it was fun.  Just a different atmosphere.  Nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment