Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Fogo de Chao

Meeeaaaattttt.  I have a profound affection for red meat.  When friends asked us if we wanted to join them at Fogo de Chao during restaurant week, we excitedly accepted the offer.  Fogo is a Brazilian steakhouse on Hennepin Ave in downtown Minneapolis.  The fun of Fogo is that gauchos come around to each table with different cuts of meat including pork tenderloin, ribs, bacon wrapped chicken, chicken legs, lamb, top sirloin, and various other fantastic cuts of meat.  It's a very fun experience.  So many new things to try.  Since we did the restaurant week promotion, it was basically half off.  You get the salad bar, most of the meats (excluding some premium cuts like filet mignon), and dessert for $30 instead of $50 (the regular $50 meal doesn't include dessert).  We had a late reservation - 8:30 pm.  That turned out to be about perfect because we ended up getting some of the premium cuts of meat anyway as it was the end of the night and there were left overs.  Basically this is an all you can eat meat buffet....or a more than you can eat buffet.  We left quite stuffed and brought our desserts to go.  I have to comment on how amazing the key lime pie was.



So I guess this was a last meal of sorts for me.  After my surgery, I decided to visit a naturopathic doctor and get some advice on how to reach my full health potential.  I learned that different diets suit different blood types.  I'm a type A which means I respond best to a vegetarian diet and should avoid red meat.  Of course this devastated me, but I'm excited to embark on this new journey today and see if it makes a difference in my health over the next few months until I see the NP doctor again.

No comments:

Post a Comment