Thursday, February 26, 2015

Art Day

One of the times when I feel most like myself and at peace is when I'm inspired and creating something - food, painting, sewing, etc.  Today I decided to make a painting for my Grandma and some art for my guest bedroom.  Big thanks to my awesome coworkers who gave me the paint, paint brushes, and canvas after my surgery!

For the painting on the right, I got paper doilies and just painted over top of them.  Then I painted the scripture verse right on top of that after it dried.



When my husband gives me roses, I let them dry out and keep them.  I didn't know what I was keeping them for, but just really felt like I should.  Finally it dawned on me, put them in a shadow box!  I used hot glue to glue all the roses to cardboard and then I slid it into a shadow box.  It looks so much better in person.  The glass on the shadow box makes it nearly impossible to take a picture of.



My creative process is quite organic.  I tend to only have a vision or idea; not a strong outline of a plan. I find this to be more fun...just start somewhere and see where it goes.  :)  If the outcome isn't perfect, that's almost more fun.  No stress, just creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment