Saturday, May 2, 2015

Five Watt Coffee Shop

Old-school-becomes-new-school cocktails with bitters.  I get that.  But lattes with bitters?  I had to check this out.  After seeing that Five Watt was voted best coffee shop by City Pages, I added it to my list of places to visit.  The weather was amazing today so I ran at Lake Calhoun.  Realizing how close I was to Five Watt, I decided to check it out.  I ordered off the special "espresso cocktail" menu.  No alcohol included, just very inventive creations with bitters.  I went for the Busy Beaver - Maple syrup, Blackstrap Bitters, Cinnamon, Molasses drizzle, Cracked pepper, Espresso, Milk.  Oh my.  Delish.  Since it was warm out, I got it iced.  It barely lasted the two block walk to my car.  Totally beats a generic Starbucks latte.  Added bonuses - they sell Sweet Science Ice Cream and have an open air cafe on nice days.  I'll definitely be stopping back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment