Friday, November 7, 2014

Autumn Pizza

Let me just preface this by saying that this was not my original vision.  I had wanted to make an uber healthy main course pizza and dessert pizza, but the cauliflower crust failed miserably.  It was already off to a bad start when I forgot to separate the "dough" for the main course and the dessert.  A dessert pizza probably shouldn't have garlic and Italian seasoning baked in the crust...  After my best effort with the recipe I had chosen, I decided to scrap that crust and just use tortillas.  It turned out wonderfully, but still wasn't what I had set out to do.

I ended up making two main course pizzas and one dessert pizza for my husband and I to share.  They were all quite delicious if I do say so myself.


First pizza - BBQ Chicken Butternut Squash

Ingredients:
  • Tortilla with a bit of olive oil on top
  • Mashed butternut squash
  • Chicken
  • Spinach
  • Onions
  • BBQ sauce 
  • Fresh Mozzerella
This combo worked quite well together.  The combo of the chicken, squash, and BBQ sauce was spot on.

Second pizza - Chicken Marinara

Ingredients:
  • Tortilla 
  • Marinara pizza sauce
  • Tomatoes
  • Spinach
  • Chicken
  • Mozzerella
  • Italian seasoning
  • Garlic powder
Dessert pizza 


Ingredients:
  • Tortilla with honey butter spread on top
  •  Mashed butternut squash with cinnamon and nutmeg
  •  Thinly sliced apples
  •  Raisins soaked in honey whiskey
  •  Honey drizzled on top
This was superb.  We paired it with a white port wine and it was the perfect fall dessert.  How great is it when you can make a dessert out of veggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment