Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Chankaska Winery

On my way down to my parents' house, I decided to stop at Chankaska Winery just south of St. Peter. For $7, you can taste 5 of their approximately 20 wines.  As typical of MN wineries, Chankaska makes fantastic sweet wines.  But what really impressed me was the red that I tried.  I usually find Minnesota produced reds lacking, but their Cabernet Sauvignon was truly delicious. I ended up buying the reisling, the port, and my new favorite dessert wine - the North Forest Krem.  It's an apple wine made with local walnuts and maple syrup and is more of an alcoholic cream than a wine.  It is a creamy dreamy dessert wine and was delicious just over ice.  It comes with a recipe card to give you ideas of what to do with this wine.  I think it would also be delicious in coffee. 








No comments:

Post a Comment