Monday, December 1, 2014

Sawatdee

One of the things I never had growing up was Thai food.  In my adult years I have come to love rice and curry, but it's really the peanut sauce that sparks my craving.  My husband and I had a groupon deal for Sawatdee so we decided to use it last night for dinner.  We like to go to the one on Robert Street in downtown St. Paul.  The food has always been excellent.  We usually get the same thing - hubby gets the Rama Thai Delight which is spinach, rice, chicken, and peanut curry sauce and I get the chicken satay which is chicken skewers with peanut sauce and cucumber sauce.  We decided to venture out a little more last night, so instead of the chicken satay, I got the appetizer platter.  The appetizer platter included chicken satay, spring rolls, and fried wontons.  Much to our delight, they let us modify the order a bit without an extra charge.  Instead of just veggie spring rolls, we got them with chicken and shrimp.  Instead of regular cream cheese wontons, we got jalapeno cream cheese wontons (for my hubby...but I did sneak a bite and they were amazing).  The food was fantastic.  They also run specials such as happy hour every day from 4-6 and a "Thai for Two" Wednesday deal where you get appetizers, entrees, and a bottle of wine for a discounted price.  My only complaint is that the building always seems to be quite chilly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment