Saturday, December 6, 2014

Total Wine & More

I can't believe how these liquor stores are popping up all over the Metro.  I swear the one in Woodbury was fully stocked, staffed, and opened before I even realized it was coming.  The hubby and I were out and about today so we decided to see what all the hype was about. 

So this place is crazy.  There were people milling in every aisle, there were aisles upon aisles upon aisles.  There were super friendly and helpful staff.  I heard them field several questions about specific wines and they were pointing the seekers in the right direction (including me).  They were also making suggestions about specific brands that would compliment your palate.  They were also doing free wine, hard cider, and cognac tastings.  One of the cognacs sampled retails for $169!  And it's true, they have a wildly impressive selection of wines, liquors, and beers from all over the world at price points lower than other liquor stores. 

I didn't want to like it.  I am usually all for supporting the little guy, but it's hard to neglect this new alcohol mecca...  I think my strategy will be to support the little guys when I know exactly what I want and when they have sales.  I'll go to Total when I have a lot of free time to wander and be inspired with nothing in particular in mind.  Just like clothes shopping.  If you know exactly what you want, you order it from the website.  If you have no clue, you go to the mall and wonder.  Boom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment