Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hola Arepa

So here's the deal.  This was the most delicious meal I've had in a restaurant in a while.  This food truck-turned-brick-and-mortar restaurant featuring Latin street food is absolutely next level.  I was so excited to go on Sunday to cross it off my list, but after tasting the food, it become clear that I could only put a little check next to it.  I simply must try everything on the menu before I can "cross it off".  Here's a list of the things I loved about it:
  • The food is entirely fresh and new - who the heck knows what an arepa is anyway?  (a flat bread made of ground corn that's somewhat pancakey)
  • Everything on the menu is gluten-free
  • They combine fun flavors such as plantain/shredded beef/black bean, pulled pork/sweet potato
  • They have a big patio as well as an open air restaurant
  • The cocktails...I can't even
  • The chips are homemade, warm, wonderfully salted and the accompanying trio of salsas are fresh with interesting flavors
  • The meals are accompanied by yucca fries and your choice of spicy mayo or pesto for dipping
  • The meals are all $12 and under and are suuuuuper filling
  • yum.
Go check this place out.   And then go to Lake Harriet to walk it off.  And then go to Sebastian Joes for ice cream.  I like to think in groups :)







No comments:

Post a Comment