Thursday, August 28, 2014

Lake Harriet

I haven't been to Lake Harriet in years #woodburyproblems.  I finally made it back over to that beautiful area for a long run.  I had no clue how very close it was to Lake Calhoun!  There are a bunch of walking paths in that area connecting parks and the two lakes.  I love that it's so interconnected.  That is perfect for a long run or combining a run with a bike ride.

Lake Harriet is just shy of three miles around.  Not only is it a great workout destination, it's a great place to spend a summer day.  You can walk/run/bike/roller blade around the lake, watch the sail boats, rent water craft, have a picnic, lay out on the beach, swim, people watch, or eat a fantastic meal at Bread & Pickle.

Bread & Pickle had fantastic looking sea food plates, appetizers, and small plates as well as a nice tap list and a few creative wine/champagne cocktails. 

For watercraft, they have kayaks, canoes, pedal boats, and paddleboards available.  I've always wanted to go paddle boarding!  I was just there for a run with a bit of a time crunch (due to the 30 minute drive from my house) so I will for sure have to head back to try paddleboarding, lay out, and have breakfast or lunch at Bread & Pickle.  What a little gem of a spot.  Minnesotans really know how to market their lakes :)






No comments:

Post a Comment