Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Theater Night! Spoon River and the Guthrie

Every summer my friend and I see a show at the Guthrie.  We both love the theater, and thoroughly enjoy our girls evening out.  We start with dinner at Spoon River which is located right next to the Guthrie.  Thankfully we've been able to sit outside on the patio the last two years.  Then we head over to see the show!  Last night we enjoyed My Fair Lady.

Spoon River
I really can't say enough good things about this restaurant.  Everything I've had here has been amazing.  Last night I opted for the Spoon Burger which is a lamb/quinoa burger.  The burger was accompanied by a delicious salad.  I also ordered the Spoon Bloody.  It's made with Thai basil and gin so it has a different flavor than I am used to but it complimented the lamb burger very well.  I had wanted to order the chai-tini which is made with Verdant Tea's housemade chai tea (which I've already gushed about) and a mixture of rum and other alcohols.  Unfortunately they ran out of the chai!! 








My friend ordered the salmon which is served with fresh veggies and potatoes.  She really enjoyed her meal. 


Sea Change
Sea Change is located right inside the Guthrie.  The meals are expensive so we decided just to have a martini before the show.  We had the lavendar martini which was pretty epic.


Guthrie
First off, My Fair Lady was really well acted.  We laughed several times.  Dr. Pickering was hilarious. 


We generally sit in the balcony in the first or second row which are pretty good seats.  That's worked really well for us and the tickets are a bit cheaper than the lower level.  Next we'll have to try rush tickets which you get the day of the show at the box office - tickets that haven't yet sold for that night's show.

If you have time, I also suggest hanging out by the Stone Arch Bridge or checking out the Guthrie's endless bridge that looks out over the Mississippi River, Stone Arch Bridge, and St. Anthony Main.  Very cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment