Monday, August 25, 2014

Urban Growler

I finally made it to Urban Growler!  This is one of the newest breweries on the scene and is located a stones throw away from Bang Brewing.  I have been stalking their website since about January, eagerly awaiting the opening of their taproom.  It finally opened in late July and I think they held off until they could do it right.  They have good beer, food, a wonderful patio, a beautiful tap room.  I really enjoyed their cream ale, rhubarb wit, and porter.  Check them out this Wednesday for their grand opening.  I'm really excited to see what beer they put out next.  They have an interesting business model in that they locally source their ingredients.  For example, the rhubarb wit was made with rhubarb donated from many local farmers/gardeners.  This is referred to as their Plow to Pint series.  I'm excited to see what other locally sourced ingredients they tap into!

No comments:

Post a Comment