Monday, August 11, 2014

Woodbury Farmers Market

I love the Woodbury farmers market because it's kind of a no-frills farmers market.  I mainly go there for produce as the vendors are plenty.  There aren't many vendors other than produce vendors - there's a honey vendor, Great Harvest Bread Company, True Dough, a salsa stand, and the Golden Fig.  No food trucks or arts and crafts so it's a quick trip for the essentials.  It runs from 8am - 1pm on Sundays June - October.  This past Sunday I picked up apples (eep! fall is approaching!), sweet onions, egg plant, tomatoes, and sweet corn!



Meal plan for the week
Apples - I eat an apple every day.  Sometimes two because I like them so much.  I'll just eat them plain, with peanut butter, or I saute them in coconut oil with a little cinnamon.

Onions - We really just like these grilled so much that I won't do anything else with them.

Egg plant - still not sure about this.  Maybe slice it up, drizzle olive oil, and grill?

Tomatoes - I love to chop these up and cook them with eggs or put on salads.  I will also add them to guacamole.  Sometimes I just have a craving for roasted tomatoes with fresh mozzarella cheese melted on top with a balsamic drizzle.

Sweet corn - We love to roast corn on the cob on the grill.  Drizzle with butter and salt and wrap in foil and roast on the grill for about 30 minutes.  Or, put into rolling boiling water for 7 minutes.  Tried and true.  I think I won't eat all of my corn on the cob with butter, I'll probably cut some off the cob after cooking and add to a rice, black bean, and tomato side dish. 

I not only love walking through the farmers markets and looking through EVERYTHING, but I also love the challenge of using all the produce before it goes bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment