Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Mason's

Yesterday we decided to check out Mason's in downtown for the family happy hour.  Shocker:  all the drinks are served in mason jars.  Except the beer which I thought was weird.  I'd sooner have a beer from a mason jar than wine.  But cocktails - of course.  It was surprisingly not busy for a happy hour in downtown, but I feel like the weather was the culprit.  It was uber chilly and Hennepin Ave served as a proper wind tunnel.  (Sad face)  Summer patio happy hours are officially over.  But that doesn't mean indoor happy hours aren't fun!  I very much enjoyed my pumpkin porter.  It was more of just a spiced porter than a strong pumpkin flavor, but it was really good.  I also enjoyed a glass, excuse me - mason jar, of wine.  I also ordered the caprese flatbread which was delicious - fresh moz, spinach, onions, sun dried tomatoes, balsamic.  Balsamic makes all the difference.  They don't have a huge happy hour list, but they have some good deals.  The flatbread was $6, wings are 60 cents, house wine is $3.  I would definitely head back there...except there are so many places to try that we rarely repeat!!







No comments:

Post a Comment