Monday, October 13, 2014

Nicollet Island Inn

I have a favorite brunch place - it's the Nicollet Island Inn in Minneapolis.  My husband's parents like to give us a gift card to NII every so often and we always enjoy our experience there.  We went on Sunday morning for the 5 course Sunday brunch.  There are about three items to choose from in each category so we like to divide/conquer/share the food on the menu.  It did not disappoint.  Considering what you get, this is actually a really reasonably priced brunch.  High quality food and you definitely leave full. 

Course 1:  Pastries


Course 2:  Eggs Benedict for me and chocolate/raspberry french toast for the man







Course 3:  Smoked trout for me and shredded lobster/veggies/ avocado for the man







Course 4:  Salmon over cooked barley with spinach for me and beef stroganoff for the man







Course 5:  Chocolate ganache pie for the man and the most amazing dessert in the world - pumpkin creme brulee with shortbread crumbles and honey soaked raisins for me



We also enjoyed mimosas with our brunch.  These used to be included in the price of $29 per person, but I guess they changed that....  oops. 

It was a beautiful day outside so we decided to go for a long walk through the St. Anthony Main area after we ate.  What a perfect morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment