Sunday, September 14, 2014

Delta 5K

On Saturday morning I ran the Delta 5K.  This is a high stakes race.  There are free travel vouchers on the line for the top male and the top female.  Last year I was 2nd :( It was by several minutes.  The race is usually run the first Saturday in June, but this year it was postponed due to a storm that morning.  I thought maybe since it wasn't the normal weekend, the woman who normally wins maybe wouldn't be there :)  Turns out that not only was she there, but she brought a friend.  They both beat me; I got third.  At least they are totally out of my league so I don't have to feel too bad like I just missed it.  I did end up winning my age bracket so I got a nice plaque.  They also have a pretty good swag bag - protein bars, salted nut rolls, bananas, water, fruit leathers, and a race t-shirt.  I also run the race because I like the course - the running path at Lake Nokomis.  It was quite a chilly morning, but as always, I am happy to start my day with a run. 


No comments:

Post a Comment