Friday, September 5, 2014

Twin Cities Premium Outlet Mall

Apparently I'm in a shopping mood lately.  That generally happens with the change of seasons.  And the realization that my sweaters from last year just weren't quite warm enough, and I have to be better prepared for this winter.  Yesterday I visited the new outlet mall in Eagan.  Prior to the Eagan outlet mall's opening in August, the closest outlet malls were in North Branch, Medford, and Albertville.  None of them really close to me so I was really excited for this to open. 

First of all, I love the outdoor feel to it.  While there is a ceiling with skylights, only the stores have walls so it's open air which I love.  I suppose that could cause issues in the winter - not only are you lugging around bags, but you'll be lugging around your winter coat as well.  I was also happy with the large number of stores.  A lot of them are my normal stores like the Limited, Gap, Loft, and American Eagle, but they also have upscale stores like Michael Kors, Saks, Coach, and White House Black Market.  I also liked how well it was laid out - there is a row of childrens stores all together, fitness, shoes, and adult clothing stores.  It totally makes sense to group them together.  This place is huge!!

I love the outlet mall idea - cheaper prices at your favorite stores, but the clothes are different between the normal store and the outlet.  That means double the shopping I guess :) 

Next question:  how will this fare on Black Friday?  It could be totally crazy since it's laid out like a box.  Tons of people will have to fit inside. 

Overall I liked it and happy to have an outlet center that I don't have to spend a day commuting to.  (I work in Eagan so I'll have to refrain from going there often on my lunch breaks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment