Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Uptown Shopping

Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous day.  I was so happy for the sunshine and the heat.  I decided to head over to Uptown to walk around, explore, shop, get some time outside.  I parked on the south side of Uptown on Hennepin and just started walking north.  Uptown has a fun mix of mainstream stores like Victoria's Secret, Urban Outfitters, Columbia, and H & M as well as boutiques, restaurants, salons, and specialty stores.  I really enjoyed window shopping and wandering around.  I couldn't believe all of the restaurants in that area - Barbette, Amore Victoria, Republic, Libertine, Amazing Thailand...so many brunch options!  And then Lake Calhoun is just a few blocks away. 

I think the perfect day in Uptown would go something like this: Start the day with a jog around Lake Calhoun, go paddleboarding on the lake, have brunch, get coffee at Dogwood, and then do a little shopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment