Monday, June 16, 2014

Cossetta's

Yesterday the hubby and I hopped on the motorcycle after dinner for a ride.  No particular destination, just wanted to enjoy the last nice day we'll have in a while.  We found ourselves wandering through St. Paul - Grand Ave, Marshall Ave, West 7th.  The whole time I was trying to guess where he'd stop for a little treat :)  He checked out a few ice cream shops, but the lines were quite long.  We ended up at Cossetta's Pasticceria on West 7th.  I LOVE this place. 

Cossetta's is like an indoor Italian market.  They have a restaurant portion, a grocery store, and my favorite - the pasticceria (dessert parlor).  So many authentic Italian foods to choose from!  Check out some of the desserts we had to choose from.  He chose the Baba Savarin which is a banana cake with creme filling and then the Peanut Butter Royale which is a chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse and a chocolate shell. 



We brought them home and watched a movie.  I tried each one and the PBR was my favorite.  The pasticceria also has a nice assortment of gelato and large desserts to bring to parties.  They also have THE BEST cannolies in the city in my opinion.  That's what he actually went in for, but they were sold out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment