Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mojo Monkey

I read the City Pages religiously.  Especially when I need ideas for my Twin Cities bucket list.  So when I came across the list of top 10 donuts in the Twin Cities, I felt like I needed to probably add one to my bucket list.  I chose Mojo Monkey on W. 7th in St. Paul a) because it is the closest to my house and b) because they have the maple bacon long john.  No brainer.  I woke up early and drove over this morning.  Let me also say how nice it is to be out before anybody else is on the road.  I cruised right through St. Paul in the convertible with the sun shining on me. 

Upon walking into the little donut shop, I was greeted by the friendly staff and the smell of fried sugar.  They had a ton of donuts to choose from.  I decided on the maple bacon bar, creme brulee bismarck, beignets, and chocolate ganache cake donut.  When I got home, my husband and I took a bite of each one.  What's better than a donut buffet on a Sunday morning :)  (but only once in a very blue moon for me).  We agreed our favorite was the creme brulee bismarck.  They actually do put sugar on the top and burn it like real creme brulee. 

Quick tip:  do not get ready for the day and then hang out in Mojo Monkey.  Not only did I bring home amazing donuts, I also brought home the fried smell.  Even after changing clothes, I think it has permeated my couch...









No comments:

Post a Comment