Sunday, June 1, 2014

City Pages Beer Festival

Since the Beer Dabbler in January was a bust due to negative temperatures, beer freezing in the kegs, and beer freezing in the glasses, we decided we needed a re-do.  We chose the City Pages Beer Festival as it is within walking distance of my sister's apartment and could double as a birthday celebration.  Joke's on us though...it rained pretty much the entire time.  But, I am way more emotionally equipped to deal with rain on a warm day than extreme cold on an already extremely cold day.  We made the most of it and had a blast. 

I was so very thankful for all of the hard ciders that were represented at the beer fest - Schilling, Johnny Appleseed, Stella, 2 Towns Ciderhouse, Angry Orchard, and Woodchuck.  After trying them all right after another, I learned that I like Stella Artois Cidre the most.  I was very surprised about that!!!  It is the driest and most like champagne.  My favorite beer was Abita's vanilla porter.  Barefoot wine also showcased their 5 flavors of sparkling Refreshers. 

The festival was not just about alcohol, there was a great band, food trucks, MN merchandise, yard games, and a mechanical bull.  We also got plastic tasting/souvenir cups to take home!  All in all, it was really fun, but probably would have been epic had the weather been good. 


I should have taken more pics, but my hands were busy with the umbrella and my beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment