Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Saints base ball game!

The weather was absolutely perfect yesterday evening for baseball.  Instead of going to a Twins game, we decided to do something new and check out the amateur baseball scene.  I've heard how much fun Saints games are so I jumped at the invitation from my sister and her husband.  To make the experience even better, we purchased the Crowdcut deal in which each couple received admission to the game, a flight of beer, and two brats and chips.



We rode the motorcycle to Midway Stadium and found our seats.  Then we went to the Beer Dabbler tent and chose the beers for our flights.  It was craft brew night at the game so it was fun to choose from about 20 beers for our flight of six.  The guys got the brats from the Von Hansens stand.  I had a bite of the wild rice brat and it was probably the best brat I've ever had.  I'll have to look up a Von Hansens store and stock up for the summer. 



After catching up on ten days worth of news from each others' lives, we eventually got back around to watching the game.  They really do a good job getting the crowd involved and excited.  There is a lot of extra entertainment at a Saints game...for some reason we saw a lot of people in costumes.  The stadium is modest, I can see why they are excited to have a new stadium.  Despite me not really liking baseball, it was a really fun night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment