Monday, April 21, 2014

Lake Nokomis

I decided to take advantage of the nice weather today and spice up my workout by running at Lake Nokomis!  I think this would be a really cool place to hang out in the summer.  You can rent canoes, lay out at the beach, eat lunch on the beach at the Sandcastle restaurant, run, walk, and people watch!  This park has other amenities such as a lot of parking and a boat launch. 

According to my GPS watch, the lake is 2.5 miles around.  That's if you stick to the inner-most path, stay on the east side of the lake and don't cross over Cedar to the west side.  That's about perfect for a walk.

Thankfully Lake Nokomis is quite convenient to get to from my work so I plan on running there more often.  Ah Vitamin D... my favorite vitamin by far. 




No comments:

Post a Comment