Monday, February 10, 2014

Boulder Tap House

Last night I met my parents for dinner in Mankato.  I will admit, I am not super familiar with Mankato's food scene.  I'm sure there are a bunch of cool places downtown or near campus, but I'm really only familiar with the area by the River Hills Mall.  I had to stop at Menards first, and while I was out there, I noticed a new place!  Boulder Tap House.  We had decided on Axel's Bonfire which would have been fine, but there's one right near my house so I've been there numerous times.  I was pretty stoked when I saw Boulder Tap House.  I love new experiences.

It is kind of a typical bar with typical bar food - tacos, wings, burgers, beer.  But, they are creative with their offerings.  I had the lettuce wrap tacos with guac which was tasty and healthy.  My dad had a burger and my mom had the pulled pork sandwich.  Boulder's creativity comes through in it's sauces and pairings.  They have things like parmesan cheese fries, cheese curds on burgers, jalapeno and peanut butter burger.... They also have a good tap list.  I was feeling in the mood for cider so I just had the Angry Orchard which is a good stand by. 



We had a great time and enjoyed watching the Olympics on their numerous big screen TVs.  I would say I would go there again, but you know how I am :P.  I'll find something new next time I'm in town.  On to the next new experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment