Friday, February 7, 2014

Prohibition

I want to start by saying it's been a long couple of weeks and I needed to celebrate getting through it with a happy hour.  I ended up in downtown Minneapolis which is quite ap ro pos actually.  Minneapolis to me is a symbol of freedom, strength, and growth...all of the things I feel like celebrating after these last few weeks.  Minneapolis is particularly inspiring to me because I grew up in a small town, never ever thought I would live in the Metro, was dealthy afraid of driving in the city, never thought I'd be able to afford a nice dinner in the city, and never ever thought I'd come to love the city.  So being in Minneapolis this evening was my own personal victory - both professionally as I celebrated completing a difficult project, and personally as I celebrated overcoming the limitations I used to put on myself. 

I met my friend and her fiance at Prohibition in the Foshay on the 27th floor.  Amazing cocktails.  They are expensive, but let's face it.  Most cocktails are $10 and are just mediocre.  Prohibition cocktails are about $15 and are fantastic.  I think the extra $5 is worth it.  I had the Jamaican Kiss which is made of rum, coconut tea extract, coffee ice cube, and a coconut water ice cube.  Seriously the best martini I've ever had.  My friend said the Coral Reef was really good too. 



I also had the hummus with goat cheese and pita bread which was good too.  I also tried a cheese curd from my friend's dish and that was by far the best cheese curd I've ever had.  

Prohibition's happy hour is from 5-7.  They have a few small plates and drinks that are on special for $5.  The view is as good as the cocktails.  It's a wonderful place to hang out before or after dinner.  They don't actually serve dinner or dessert - just drinks and small plates. 

Check out their fab menu at http://thelivingroom-prohibition.com/wp-content/uploads/menu-prohibition.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment