Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cravings Wine Bar

As Woodbury, MN is a fairly new development in the metro and has recently endured quite an insurgence of suburbanites, you can guess that most of its retail, restaurants, and commerce are made up of chains.  While I appreciate chains for groceries and clothing due to their lower prices, restaurants are a different story.  Thankfully, Woodbury has at least one non-chain restaurant that my husband and I enjoy.  It's called Cravings Wine Bar.  We went there the first time because we had a living social deal.  And now we keep going back (both because the food is quite superb and because they tend to have living social deals quite often).  Tuesday night we went there for a late dinner and were impressed as always.  The menu is on the smaller side. We like that the chef keeps staples like braised short ribs, but we also like that the menu is different each time we go.  And have I mentioned the desserts...no, but I will.

We started off with tomato coconut curry soup with crab meat.  Oh. My. Goodness.  It was nice and sweet and completely delicious.


 It's been a long hard week and bitterly cold so we decided that we were both in the mood for comfort food.  My husband had the white chicken lasagna and I had the cornish hen over savory baguette/veggie french toast.  I had never thought of doing that before but I really liked it.





Our meals were fantastic as always and the staff is really good.  I guess they've started to recognize and remember us... ha ha. 


To top off the night, we brought home an almond bar and an salted caramel orange cake slice.  They have AMAZING, creative desserts.  We like to bring them home and eat them while drinking port wine. 

View their menu at www.cravingswinebar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment