Sunday, February 23, 2014

Eat Street Social

Eat Street.  This term seems to be thrown around as commonly as "juicy lucy" in the Metro.  If you haven't been there, you've probably heard of it and know that some of the most esteemed foodie hangouts hail from Nicollet Avenue's Eat Street.  I used to ride the bus through this area every day when I was in grad school but never actually stopped there.  This morning my husband and I met my sister and her husband for church in Minneapolis and then went in search of a new place for brunch.  We ventured onto Eat Street and were actually looking for the Bad Waitress.  The Bad Waitress had too long of a wait so we decided to walk down the street and see what else we could find that served brunch.  We just happened upon Eat Street Social and we were all so glad. 

They have a very creative food menu, but I was very amused to see that their cocktail, wine, and beer lists were way longer than the food menu.  Apparently they don't have bartenders at ESS, they have mixologists.  As I perused the drink menu, I realized I had never even heard of most of the liqueurs and some of the spirits.  That piqued my interest and I just had to try one.  I had the bellini fizz (Bombay Sapphire, lemon, peach coulis, egg white, and sparkling wine) and my husband and sister each had a mimosa (orange juice, orange liqueur, orange bitters, champagne).  Amazing.




My brother-in-law and I ordered the eggs benedict (poached egg over brussels spouts, tomato, beans smothered in pork sauce all over baguette with hollandaise drizzled over top).  Oh my goodness.  I didn't eat the hollandaise or bread, but everything else was for sure the best benedict I've had.  My husband had the french toast which actually did leave a little something to be desired.  There wasn't quite enough sweetness to it.  Then my sister had an omelet with white chicken chili inside.  What I most appreciate about going out to eat is the creativity - putting foods together that I would never think to do at home.  We are all very excited to be there and look forward to going back. 




They also have tasty coffee!  They brew Dogwood coffee with the chemex method and also have a great Americano. 


No comments:

Post a Comment