Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Brix Coffee House

So obviously I have jumped head first into this coffee thing.  Every weekend I try and visit a new coffee shop.  Not really to find my favorite one in the hopes of going there all the time, but just to see what everyone else is brewing and how they are doing it.  New atmosphere, new flavors, new techniques.  And lucky for me, coffee is similar to beer and wine.  There are seasonal flavors!!!  So that means I can do the rotation again in a different season and try new flavors and iced coffee!

This past Sunday morning, I decided to try the coffee at Brix in Woodbury.  I had been there before for crepes (they make gluten-free crepes!) and now wanted to check out the coffee scene.  I tried the steamed cold press and that was delicious.  I have heard before that if you make cold press and then heat it up, you extract the most flavor from the bean and it tends to be a lot better than brewed coffee.  I think I agree, it was really good.

Brix is very charming.  I huddled up on the comfy chair next to the fireplace and read my book while I sipped my coffee.  As I mentioned before, their crepes are really good and they also serve frozen custard. 

If you happen to be in the Woodbury area on Radio and Tamarack, I definitely recommend stopping in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment