Sunday, March 23, 2014

Brewkaz Coffee Shop



Brewkaz.  Finally.  For some reason, the city of Fairmont has been unable to support a coffee shop.  There used to be a coffee shop in the small mall and then a Starbucks right off the Interstate 90, but both closed after only a few years in business.  I'm glad someone had the guts to try and make a go of it, and I think she has a good chance. 

Brewkaz is located in Fairmont's mall on Hwy 15 in the middle of town.  The coffee shop is a cute little cafĂ©/ coffee shop combo.  As far as coffee shop accoutrements, Brewkaz serves regular coffee, lattes, a drink of the day, and they have almond milk and coconut milk available for the lattes!!!  They also have wonderful bakery goods like muffins and donuts.  But my favorite part is the lunch menu.  Amazing salads.  The salads are set apart from others by serving mixed greens instead of ice berg or romaine, homemade candied nuts, and a slice of baguette bread with homemade honey butter. 

We stopped in yesterday for goodies before getting back on the road.  My brother loved the Americano and raspberry muffin.  My sister and I enjoyed our lattes.  My mom and brother in law enjoyed the regular coffee.  And my Dad liked his hot chocolate. 

You can grab everything to go, but I will say that Brewkaz is probably one of the more cozy places in town.  There are a few tables set up and there is also an area with couches and a fireplace.  It's owned by a young woman in her twenties which is really impressive.  She has a knack for decorating and crafting wonder food and coffee drinks.  I stop in whenever I'm in town to support her.  I'd love to see this business succeed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment