Monday, March 3, 2014

Ribs!

I've had a bad case of the winter blues the last few days.  Ushering in March with negative temps is not my idea of joy and does not bode well for it feeling like spring in a few weeks at the vernal equinox.  I was reading through my journal from 2012 and noted that it was 50 degrees on January 10 and 60 degrees on March 10.  I was already up to running 6 miles outside on 3/10/12.  I have a feeling that will not be happening this year. 

To help me through my funk, my husband was kind enough to make me a wonderful dinner tonight that happened to be ready the second I walked in the door.  He made one of my favorites - ribs.  They were so wonderfully tender.  He broiled them to seal in the juices and then wrapped them up in tin foil and baked them for a few hours.  They fell right off the bone. 



For dessert I had my new favorite fruit - champagne mangoes.  I think they might be better than regular mangoes.  They are more tart and juicy and completely amazing.  We both love them so we stock up to ensure that we have at least a mango or champagne mango each day. 



We snuggled up and watched some of our favorite TV shows - Dexter and Jimmy Fallon.  It turned out to be a decent night.   Thank you...Jimmy Fallon...for being a comedic genius and laughing at your own jokes before you have a chance to fully deliver the punch line.  Thank you...Jimmy Fallon...for being able to carry on a conversation with yourself in your many different voices so that your writers only have to write material for half the show...and you fill in the rest with your random tangents.

Somehow I found the motivation to do dishes and clean the house. 

I ended the night with one of my favorite cocktails - almond milk, vanilla vodka, and Kahlua.  Yum.

I'm still not made for this weather and am desperately waiting for spring/summer.  Here are my favorite summer activities that I'm dreaming about:  riding motorcycle, running, going to the beach, having drinks out on the patio, using the fire pit, kayaking, going for walks in the evening, riding bike, Truman Days, Duluth in the summer... <sigh>



No comments:

Post a Comment