Thursday, March 6, 2014

Bryant Lake Bowl


Bowling.  Very nostalgic.  There was a bowling alley in my small hometown and I remember my dad grabbing his ball and shoes, walking us to the bowling alley on a Sunday afternoon, and pretty much having the place to ourselves.  I guess that was nice, but lack of business caused it to close.  I'm usually not very good at bowling, but I love that it's good clean family fun.  And a good winter activity!

On Tuesday night after dinner at Buddha Kitchen and Lounge, we went to Bryant Lake Bowl in Uptown for a game.  This alley in particular reminded me of the one at home.  You have to keep score by hand, . no fancy lights or accessories.  Just shoes, ball, and pins.  They also have a good tap list and locally grown organic food.  Not your typical bowling alley food.  And no leagues to contend with!  It was a perfect end to the night.  I need to reinstate bowling as a viable winter hobby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment