Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Buddha Kitchen & Lounge

Last night my husband and I met friends for dinner at Buddha Kitchen & Lounge on Eat Street.  We snuck in just in time to order a drink before happy hour ended.  He and I both got a cocktail and an entree. 

First of all, Eat Street truly is a sight to behold.  Tons of ethnic establishments - stores, nice restaurants, hole-in-the-wall restaurants as well as American establishments with a hipster flare.  Cars parked along the street everywhere since there aren't many parking lots.  I plan to take a long walk here in the summer to really explore.  It also blends seamlessly into Uptown which I would also like to explore on foot. 

Back to Buddha.  I ordered a lychee cocktail that I had high hopes for.  It turned out to be quite small, not as much flavor as I was hoping for, and still expensive for happy hour.  My husband's experience with his cocktail was similar. 

I ordered a sushi roll for dinner which was good, but not the best I've ever had.  I had the yoga roll with cucumber, variety of spicy fish, avocado, orange slice, and rice.  I was hoping it would be a bit spicier.  My husband ordered General Tso's chicken which we both loved.  That was definitely the best version of the dish that I've ever had.  It came with pineapple slices, perfectly seasoned chicken, and fried rice.  Very tasty; I highly recommend it. 








Overall the restaurant was good, but not overly impressive.  Our friends did enjoy their appetizers and dinners - lettuce wraps, spring rolls (I did have a bite of the spring roll and it was really good), pot stickers, and beef tenderloin stir fry. I should also mention that they do have an extensive menu and even call out gluten-free options which is really nice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment