Saturday, March 8, 2014

Selby Avenue in St. Paul

This morning I spent some time on Selby Avenue.  Despite the cold, it was really nice to walk down the street for several blocks and appreciate the neighborhood.  I started my morning at Nina's Cafe for coffee with someone that I greatly admire.  It was the perfect atmosphere to catch up and converse.  The coffee shop has plenty of seating, variety of coffee drinks, and a fun assortment of food to enjoy (such as the oatmeal!).

After coffee, I walked down the street and noticed several cafes, restaurants, and little shops.  My destination was a little clothing boutique called Primp.  Sometimes I get bored with shopping at malls where everyone gets the same clothes and like the boutiques with unique styles.  I did find a few cute spring tops, but decided to wait to buy anything until it's warmer and they have a bigger selection of dresses for summer.

Some of the great establishments on Selby include New Louisiana Cafe (excellent breakfast), Happy Gnome (see previous post), and Great Harvest Bread Company.  Others that I hope to visit at some point are W.A. Frost (fabulous patio) and Moscow on the Hill (homemade vodka!).   

Good start to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment