Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weekend of Diners

This weekend has been devoted to catching up with dear friends of ours.  On Friday night we met friends from Iowa in Albert Lea at Trumbles.  Yesterday we met a dear friend from Duluth in Hinckley at Tobies.  It's been a lot of driving, but very fruitful in terms of connecting with people that are very important to us. And connecting with each other en route!  We ended up eating at diners which worked great because they are quieter and easier to converse in. We just so happened to close down Trumbles on Friday night.... at 9 pm :P 

Trumbles apparently had fantastic burgers, malts, and pies.  My husband tried each.  I had a salad and salmon which was also really good.  And the price was also good.  I don't know the restaurant scene in Albert Lea at all, but that worked out really well. 

Tobies was good too.  My husband had french toast (he considers himself the french toast connoisseur) and really liked it.  I had a veggie omelet made with egg whites which I enjoyed.  Tobies is also a huge bakery.  They even have gluten-free baked goods which is nice. 

Now today will be a day of cooking! 


No comments:

Post a Comment