Friday, March 7, 2014

Kosama - Full Body Workout

Would you like to sample... Of course!  Who turns down free samples?  Especially if it involves a week of unlimited fitness classes!  Can't find better value than that :P

My husband and I always like to switch up our workouts.  Muscle confusion.  Apparently it is quite effective for building tone and losing weight as opposed to doing the same exact workout every day.  Thankfully, living in the Metro provides many opportunities to try out new workouts and new facilities.  And most of them offer either a free class or a free week!!  I love free stuff.

Yesterday I printed off a free day pass from Kosama's website, and my husband and I went to the studio to try out a class.  They are currently running a promotion offering a free week to new students instead of just the day pass. 

Kosama's studio is basically just a big room.  Each day is a new type of class which repeats at various times throughout the day.  Thursday is kettle bell day.  I had never worked out with kettle bells before.  It was a really good comprehensive workout focusing on cardio, strength training for upper and lower body muscles, and ended with an ab workout.  We ran through four minute circuts in which we did several reps of 2 to 4 moves and repeated as many times as we could in four minutes.  Then we rested for a minute while the instructor taught us how to do the next circuit.  You have to be really careful with this type of workout - speed can cause a breakdown in form which can cause injury.  While it is a really good workout, speed weightlifting is not my thing as I am quite injury prone.

Kosama also offers classes such as kickboxing, cardio, and TRX.  I really like the workout and the method.  I think I'll stay away from kettle bells, but I"m really excited to do the other three classes during my free week. 

Kosama has several locations throughout the metro and they often have crowdcut or groupon deals going on.  I actually bought the crowdcut deal which is a free month for only $39.  Way cheap compared to a full membership.

I will conclude by saying that yoga sculpt at Corepower Yoga is still our favorite and most effective full body workout. 

We ended the night by devouring a pot roast that my husband had expertly prepared.  PROTEIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment