Sunday, March 30, 2014

Zucchini/Banana Muffins

Ever have one of those days where you feel like you are fulfilling your purpose and know where you belong?  It doesn't happen as much as I'd like, but today was one of those days.  The sun was shining and I was productive.  While my husband was at work, I cleaned the house, did laundry, went for a run outside, and made a ton of food.  I started out with an egg bake for myself and an egg bake for my husband so we have breakfast for the week.  I also made a big pot of butternut squash soup so we have lunch for the week.  Then I made zucchini/banana muffins so we have a pre-workout snack during the week.  When I got married, I thought I completely won the jackpot of husbands because he can cook (and for many other reasons), and I didn't think there was any chance I'd ever figure out how to cook well enough to sub in for him.  Trust me, I'm still amazed every time I make something and it actually turns out. 

So back to the muffins.  These are legit good, and healthy. 



Ingredients:
  • 2 big zucchinis with skin on
  • 2 frozen bananas - heated up
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp of agave nectar
  • cinnamon
  • vanilla
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cup of gluten free flour
  • 1tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
I made this up all by myself!  So I know the muffins are quite green and look like they are probably 100% grass, but they are really tasty! The zucchini and banana flavors really come through!  I'm really proud of these.

Today I smiled and reveled in being a traditional wife.  While my husband was at work providing for us financially, I was at home supporting him.  I cleaned the house so he'd have a calm environment to relax in when he got home from work.  I did laundry so he'd have whatever clothes he wanted at his disposal.  I made food for the week so packing lunch would be quick and easy for him as he gets ready really early in the morning each day.  And I made sure to provide nutrition and flavor for him to enjoy while eating.  I love this.  Being a wife.  Being at home.

...back to the grind tomorrow.  But least I had today.  And I look forward to next weekend when I can do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment