Monday, January 6, 2014

Aster Cafe






    Image                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
First of all, I love visiting the St. Anthony Main area of Minneapolis, especially on Saturdays in the summer.  So when heard of this cafe, I was eager to try it.  I've been to the Aster Cafe twice, both times for Saturday brunch.  The food is creative and delicious.  Both times I ended up having the quiche.  They switch up their quiche ingredients frequently so I was excited to have it again. 

While the food is delicious, Aster Cafe's real claim to fame is their tea-infused cocktails.  One of the mornings, I had the whippet which consists of pomegranate green tea infused vodka and grapefruit juice.  Pure genius.  I love tea so it was really fun to try a cocktail that incorporated it.  They have a few other tea-infused cocktails on their menu as well.

If you happen to visit during the fall or winter months, they have delicious hot drinks as well.  The other time I I was there was right after a race in October so I was quite cold.  I had the spiked apple cider which consists of hot apple cider and 2Gingers Whiskey.  That really hit the spot.  They also have mulled wine, Irish coffee, and a few other hot drinks on the menu.

Aster Cafe also features a good happy hour, lunch and dinner menu, live Blue Grass music on Saturdays from 11-1 (sit in the back, the bands are really good but they are loud), and a patio.

One idea for a perfect Saturday morning is to have brunch at the Aster Cafe and sit on the patio, walk across the Stone Arch Bridge and take in the beauty of the Minneapolis skyline, and visit the farmers market by the Guthrie on the other side of the Stone Arch Bridge.  Perfect way to soak up the sun, get some exercise, fill your stomach with good eats, and bring home fresh produce and baked goods for the week.  

Check out Aster Cafe's website and menus at www.astercafe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment