Friday, January 3, 2014

Erte

Erte is a French bistro located in Northeast Minneapolis.  My husband and I went here to celebrate my birthday and it was perfect.  First of all, the door is located in the bar area so the dining room stays nice and warm.  The service was excellent and the ambiance was great too. 

I ordered the burgundy braised short ribs which was really more of a slab of roast, but super delicious.  It came with a side of roasted carrots and some of the best mashed potatoes I've ever had. 
Entrees also come with a soup or salad.  I had the roasted beet bisque and my husband had the salad. 



My husband ordered the ribeye for his entree.  The menu specifically calls this P-H-E-N-O-M-E-N-A-L.  We've had a ton of steaks in our day and have some pretty high standards for "P-H-E-N-O-M-I-N-A-L".  While it maybe wasn't the best ribeye we've ever had, it was really good and absolutely worth ordering.  Then we shared a key lime pie slice for dessert which truly was one of the best key lime pies I've ever had.  So all in all, this was a fantastic dinner and a wonderful choice for my first dinner of my 29th year. 

Check out their menu at www.ertedining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment