Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Rosa Mexicano

Time for happy hour! This is always one of the highlights of my month. Hanging out with my extended family, catching up, eating good food, downing some good drinks.   Today we went to Rosa Mexicano in downtown Minneapolis. 

Their claim to fame is their fresh guacamole.  It's prepared fresh for you, at your table.  They use avocados, cilantro, jalapenos, salt, and tomatoes.  While it is a little on the chunky side, it is delicious.  And the chips are also excellent.  The guac is unlimited servings during happy hour.  We may have had 3 bowl-fulls for 5 people :P









 They also have excellent drinks.  Sangria and margaritas are only $5 during happy hour (4pm - 6pm).  They have appetizers and other cocktails on special as well for happy hour.  I had a margarita and a mojito.  Definitely hit the spot.



 I think my favorite thing at this restaurant was the pork tacos.  The pork is perfectly braised and pulled apart.  It's also served with grilled pineapple in a skillet.  They make their own tortillas.  I actually decided to forgo the tortillas and just mix in the left over guac with the pork and pineapple.  What. A. Perfect. Combo.  Yum.



It was a wonderful place to hang out and the service was great.  I ordered the kahlua espresso flan to bring home to my husband.  I would include a picture, but it didn't exactly travel well...  But I can attest that it was totally delicious. 

Check out their menu at www.rosamexicano.com

They even have gluten-free menu!











No comments:

Post a Comment