Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bull Run Coffee Bar

I've been enjoying a weekend of coffee dates!  My brother was passing through the Cities this morning so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone by seeing him and crossing a coffee shop off the top 10 list.  I keep talking about this list.  Check it out at http://blogs.citypages.com/food/2011/12/top_10_coffeehouses_twin_cities.php. 

Yesterday I wrote about Cahoots.  I guess I got my lists mixed up.  That was on the list of top 5 late-night coffee shops in St. Paul, not the top 10 coffeehouses in the Twin Cities.  Regardless, worth visiting for sure.

We traveled to Uptown and checked out Bull Run Coffee Bar on Lyndale.  The hipsters know their coffee.  I started with the Boone's Beard: vanilla, coriander, espresso, almond milk, and black Hawaiian sea salt.  That was absolutely delicious.  They also have five other specialties on their menu in addition to all the normal coffee drinks you would expect from a coffee shop.  They also have an assortment of baked goods.  My husband had the chocolate croissant and reported that while there wasn't enough chocolate in it for his taste, the actual croissant was one of the best he's had. 




After my first drink, I decided just to get regular coffee.  I was very happily surprised that it was on the house since I had already purchased something!  Free coffee refills....regardless of what you ordered to drink the first time!  Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference...  I think this will be a very enjoyable journey.  And added bonus:  coffee dates are way cheaper than lunch, dinner, or happy hour dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment