Thursday, January 16, 2014

Marin

One of the newest additions to downtown Minneapolis' restaurant scene is Marin.  Finally, a restaurant that gives me confidence that I am actually eating a healthy meal.

I went to Marin for happy hour with my family.  What I was impressed by first was the menu which includes not only interesting food options, but nutrition information as well! Caloric content as well as gluten free and vegan indicators are included for each item on the menu. 

These are the happy hour deals:  $2 off wine by the glass, tap beer, and well drinks.  They also have $5 flatbreads. Happy hour runs each weekday from 3-6pm. 
 
I actually ordered from the dinner menu.  The dinner menu features salads, small plates, flat breads, sides, and entrees.  The prices are actually really reasonable for this upscale restaurant with generous portions and delicious food.  I definitely want to go back; there are so many amazing and unique things to try!

I ended up ordering a salad for dinner which was delicious.  They really take nutrition into account which is a breath of fresh air.  It was packed with veggies and olives and the dressing was served on the side.  For a salad, it was quite filling which I appreciated.  Others in my party ordered flatbreads, the hummus and pita plate, grilled asparagus.  All got rave reviews.  It appears that this menu changes frequently which adds some fun mystery to it.  I would also like to point out the fun cocktails, smoothies, and natural refreshments drinks on the menu.

I highly recommend Marin and look forward to going back myself.  This is really the first restaurant I've found where the chef makes the meal as healthy as possible.  
 
Check out their website at www.marinrestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment