Sunday, July 6, 2014

Angel Food Bakery

I heard a rumor they served cronuts - the highly coveted and sought after offspring of a croissant and donut union.  Since we were downtown, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to hunt and gather this precious pastry for my husband.  Angel Food Bakery is a sight to behold.  People mill about for a good 10 minutes trying to decide on their purchase.  That's the thing with donuts - they really are only good for one day, if that.  You can't really buy in bulk for the week so you have to make the right decision with your purchase.  Unfortunately the cronut was "on hiatus"...why!? to increase demand and exclusivity!?  Common!  I'm from the suburbs where my only option is Cub, Holiday, or Starbucks.  I guess I'll have to go back and try my luck another time.  As a consolation prize, I found the...cr... something that I just can't remember. I believe it was the combination of a crepe, donut, and eclair.  The name escapes me.  I should have taken a picture of the name tag.  I took a bite of it and it was delightful.  Not overly dramatic or different, but tasty nonetheless.  My husband was not impressed since he had been working extra hard during yoga thinking of the cronut, but it was at least satisfactory to him.  There are tons of other wonderful donuts, pastries, cupcakes, and cookies to choose from.  The bakery is also a coffee shop and I enjoyed the iced coffee I bought.  As far as bakeries go, this one gets an A for variety, creativity, and quality.


No comments:

Post a Comment