Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Masa

Yesterday was such a beautiful day.  Give me 90 degrees over 70 degrees any day of the week.  I headed into Minneapolis for the monthly family happy hour.  We selected Masa on Nicollet, and I purposely parked several blocks away to enjoy the walk, the weather, and the energy of the city.

We got to Masa early enough to grab a happy hour drink before our reservation for dinner.  I enjoyed a wonderful blood orange margarita.  Best margarita I've had in a long time.  I also tried the 180 which is a skinny margarita.  That was good too, but a bit salty.



We went outside and sat on the patio for dinner.  In a genius move, we combined happy hour and restaurant week festivities.  Restaurant week deals include an appetizer, entree, and dessert. 

My husband ordered the queso which was really good.  I had one of the other appetizers - the tortilla soup which was entirely too salty.  I actually couldn't eat it. 



My husband ordered the beef enchilada which was really good.  Not too much sauce, and not overly filling.  I had the pork tamales which was okay but was more tamale than meat. 








The dessert is where Masa really shined.  The chocolate flan was completely fabulous.  Accompanied by little crunchy chocolate balls and caramel sauce, it was the perfect balance of flavor and texture.  We also shared the tres leche cake which had a lemon creme frosting and pink guava puree. 








I guess this wasn't my favorite restaurant menu, but I would love to go back and order off the regular menu.  They have some wonderfully complex and interesting dishes that I'd love to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment