Monday, July 21, 2014

Bauhaus Brewery

It's no secret that I keep a pulse on the local micro brewery scene.  I've recently been following Bauhaus on social media, eager for the taproom to open so I could try their beers.  The taproom finally opened this past Friday, and we were able to go on Saturday to check it out.  As we pulled up to Bauhaus, located just down the street from 612 in Northeast Minneapolis, the enthusiasm continued.  What a gorgeous patio!  I love the lights, they were playing good music, and it was a beautiful evening to be outside. 








We ordered a flight of all the beers on tap; full of excitement.  Unfortunately they didn't quite live up to the hype I had created in my mind.  I did like the stargrazer, but the wagon party and wonderstuff were just okay.  And they were oddly similar to each other despite one being a pilsner and one being an IPA.  I think this place has potential, but I'll probably wait several months before going back.  Give them time to kind of find their groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment