Monday, July 14, 2014

La Fresca/ Cafe Ena/ Rincon 38

I saw a review of La Fresca in the Minneapolis St. Paul magazine and quickly added it to my summer bucket list.  Not necessarily for a whole meal, but for sure I knew my husband would want to try the creamy coconut flan as flan is one of his favorite desserts.  La Fresca is located in the Tangletown neighborhood of Minneapolis which is close to Lake Harriet.  We'd actually never been to this part of the city before so we were eager to check it out and have some fantastic desserts. 



We found La Fresca which is a totally adorable little cafe right smack in a residential neighborhood.  The restaurant is literally surrounded by houses.  How fun would it be to walk across the street to dinner!  (Probably too much fun, and convenient.)  We sat outside on the patio and ordered the flan as well as tres leches cake.  Then we perused the dinner menu just for fun.  Oh my goodness, we definitely have to go back for dinner.  I looked around at what other patrons were ordering and I was quite impressed with the creativity and presentation of the dishes.  La Fresca specializes in upscale latin fusion cuisine sold at quite reasonable prices.  In particular I was enamored with the ceviche and guacamole.  The desserts were quite good.  I'm more of a creme brulee fan than a flan fan so I'll have to go back for the espresso creme brulee at some point.








After dessert, we continued to explore the area and found that just down the street are Cafe Ena and Rincon 38 which are sister restaurants to La Fresca.  They have quite similar dinner, drink, and dessert menus with small variations.  Cafe Ena and Rincon 38 also have outdoor seating and have a larger dining area inside which will make it easier to get a table in the winter.   Next time we go back, I will not be opposed to cruise into each restaurant and check out the menus to make sure we hit the right one on that night.  Or if one has a long wait, just walk down the street to the next and try to get on that list.  I love options.

No comments:

Post a Comment