Monday, July 21, 2014

Sisyphus Brewery

This one was a sleeper!  I found out about Sisyphus from my sister the same day City Pages ran an article featuring it just a few days ago.  It is conveniently located just a few blocks away from my sister's apartment near Loring Park.  We decided to check it out on Saturday night since we were in the area.

 The taproom is fairly large with two shuffleboard tables and plenty of seating.  They currently have four beers on tap.  They don't serve flights yet, but they are very generous and give a free sample of whatever you would like to try. 


My sister and her husband really enjoyed the Brett IPA.  My husband and I shared the Oatmeal Pale Ale which was really good.  We also tried a sample of the black ale which was my favorite beer of all of them.  I was really surprised to learn that the black ale is not brewed with coffee beans.  Instead, they pour straight up cold press coffee into the black ale.  I've never heard of that.  My brother ordered that and it was interesting.  Probably too coffee forward for me at midnight.  I feel like they have the beer situation down, but they need to beef up their marketing.  I'm sure I'll be back.  I kind of get the small time hippie vibe from them and want to support their business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment